Alternative Hospice provides care for adults who seek comfort rather than cure in managing life limiting illnesses.
We serve our patients anywhere they call home, including private residences, senior and/or assisted living communities, as well as skilled nursing facilities.
- Life limiting illness such as Alzheimer’s Disease or End Stage Dementia; Cancer; Failure to Thrive; End Stage Heart, Liver, Lung or Renal Disease; AIDS
- Short term life expectancy
- Not appropriate for, or have declined aggressive treatment
- Reside within our service area
- Quality of life
- Comfort and symptom management
- Spiritual and emotional support
- A peaceful passing with dignity, respect and love
Anyone can make a referral. However, to admit a person to our program both the referring physician and the hospice medical director must agree that the person being considered is hospice appropriate.
"Today I live in the quiet, joyous expectation of good."