Our Complementary Care
Alternative Hospice is a pioneer in the St. Louis area in providing true holistic healthcare as part of our standard of care, at no additional charge. Complementary therapies are integrated with conventional medicine and are beneficial in achieving optimal patient goals. Our staff is led by professionals licensed/certified in complementary therapies.
- Massage/Bodywork addresses the universal need for human touch which is a non-verbal expression of caring, good intention, and kindness. Skilled hands lovingly applied bring the body, mind, and spirit into rhythm.
- Essence Therapy embraces pure aromatherapy and flower essences to calm the spirit, relieve anxiety, and assist in balancing emotions and well being.
- Energy Work brings healing touch and gentle pressure to specific points. Working in a person’s energetic field soothes body, mind, and spirit.
- Vibration Therapy is comprised of music, tones, singing, humming, prayer bead recitation, and is a good medium to use when the patient is non-verbal or unresponsive.
- Visualization/Guided Imagery creates images that may produce calming responses as a person remembers or imagines pleasant states of being.
- Prayer/Meditation is a conversation or connection to an entity greater than self. The power of prayer imparts a sense of inner peace.
"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."