Our Social Workers
Alternative Hospice Social Workers hold Master’s Degrees in their field and offer a multitude of professional services to assist the patient/caregiver/family.
- Emotional and Spiritual Support
- Anticipatory Grief Support
- Counseling and Education
- Socialization and Companionship
- Information, Resources and Referrals (Medicaid, Social Security, Housing, Finances, Veterans Benefits, etc.)
- Funeral Planning/Body Donor Program Assistance (in conjunction with Alternative Hospice Chaplains)
- Bereavement Support and Follow-up
Our Social Workers offer a compassionate presence to patients and their loved ones during a crucial time in their life experience. With respect, empathy, and sensitivity, they facilitate an environment of peace, dignity, and kind regard for those they serve. As a result, our patients and their families are able to journey the hospice path with greater ease and emotional comfort.
"To truly serve, one must truly love."