You can make a difference...
Volunteers play an extremely important role in the hospice journey. Whether you choose to work directly with patients and families/caregivers or volunteer in other ways, you can make a difference in someone’s life.
Opportunities are as individual as you are, and we welcome volunteers from all walks of life. How can you help? Choose from opportunities such as:
- Patient Support Volunteers provide support and companionship to patients and family.
- Office/Administrative Volunteers assist the hospice program with answering phones, filing, clerical work and special project support.
- Complementary Volunteers use professional skills or talents (e.g. Massage/Body work, Essence Therapy, Energy Work, Vibration Therapy, Visualization/Guided Imagery, Prayer/Meditation) to comfort the patient and/or caregiver.
- "Angels Among Us" Volunteers will sit at bedside and be a peaceful presence for the patients who are actively dying, and their families.
- Bereavement Volunteer provides ongoing emotional support to families/caregivers of deceased hospice patients.
"We cannot all do great things, but we can do small things in a great way."